liar liar?



I came across something yesterday... and I was kind of shocked. When someone told me that so&so copies everything from you-know-whos website, I thought they were exaggerating.

So when does imiatation is the greatest from of flattery cross the line into stealing/cheating?

If you take someone's idea but then put your own twist to it, it's really not stealing, but you did cheat a little for the idea. I've done this before, I see a blog that I LOVE but I have a different outlook on it so I write my own. I do this with Sara's blogs all the time, although she is a better writer than me... I just have a different way of thinking about it.

How about if I like a scripture she's posted but I write my own blog? That's just imitation...

However, if I right the same words as her, use the same scripture, but change the picture or add a video, is that stealing or cheating? But what if she says "anyone can use my stuff, I'm that good". I should give full credit to her right?

I'm just wondering because I came across something, and I was shocked, I kind of felt betrayed in a way, but maybe I should have listened when they said "so&so copies everything from you-know-whos website".

mmmm... makes me think...

Proverbs 14:25 A truthful witness saves lives, but a false witness is deceitful.

Comments

Sara said…
was it me? because if so i seriously need an MRI because i could swear i make this stuff up!
Mrs. Mac said…
Margie ... you and sara are quite veiled in your specifics today. Excuse me ... my name is not so&so, just ask my mother ;)
Stacy said…
You assigned me the letter, and I gave you credit for passing it on?!
I swear I didn't copy ;)
Becky said…
what!?