Prayer wall

I'm no stranger to the power of prayer. I've been on my knees before God with requests, from little to big. I would not say that I am a good outloud pray-er. Somehow my heart and my mouth can't connect when other people are listening. but when I am in my car, I throw down, sometimes I am like "wow, did I just say that?"
In the last week or so, I've really been "throwing down", I have even prayed for businesses and the people in them as I've driven by, I've prayed for one of my friends to get to the doctor (you know who you are, I hope I don't have to drive you myself... lol...), my cousin who has breast cancer, Alive, Selena, Alive6, you name it.
And you know what, even though I thought I was pretty close to God, I've never felt closer. I've heard Him speak, and I feel like there is a prayer wall now. A wall around me that surrounds and protects. As if God is saying "I am protecting you, I will build this wall so that you are safe". Maybe that sounds odd, maybe it's just an odd feeling, but it really feels real.

Psalm 78:13 He divided the sea and led them through; he made the water stand firm like a wall.
I wanted to update you about something... I wrote the post above before I left for work... I was on my way to work this morning... ironically listening to a teaching about prayer. I had this overwhelming feeling to stop and pray for the leaders of our corporation. I mean it was so overwhelming, I couldn't concentrate on the CD. I was MOVED. I stopped and prayed. Our Youth Pastor says you have to prayer like 'a mother' and some may say oh my... a mother what? but the truth is you need to pray like a mother because it's probably true that no one prays like a mother for her child. So I prayed like a mother :)

Comments

KayMac said…
Heck yeah, it's REAL!!