Reminders of loves passed


The last week I've been completely reminded of how much I was loved when I was younger. I remember those passed loves in many different ways...

I remember when I was younger my Aunt Dee. Her family is really the only family I have on my mom's side. They loved my mom, and they love me. Even sometimes when I'm unloveable. My cousin works at Block's a farm market in our area. Let's just say I went a little overboard there this weekend, huge box of tomatoes, 50 lb (yes that's right 50 lbs!) bag of potatoes (I will mash and freeze for the winter), apples, etc. My cousin Kathy, Aunt Dee's daughter has worked there part time for as long as I can remember so when I go there, I always think of her and how much she loves me. My Aunt Dee was a big harvester. She canned, and during certain peak vegetable times, that's what we ate, tomato sandwiches, cucumber sandwiches (not fancy kind, yummy bread with a big ole blob of cream cheese, and cukes salt & peppered to perfection - I was the only one to eat them with her). I have been reminded how much that family loves me, even in the simple things like scheduling a birthday celebration on a Saturday instead of a Sunday so we can come (it might not seem like much to you, but it meant a TON to me!).

Yesterday Telegraph was shut down between West Chicago & Joy Road. My gram had lived about a mile from there. Since I knew the area so well, I quickly hopped off the main road and made my way to West Parkway where she lived and took a little detour. It's a road I've traveled probably 100's of times, if not 1000's. The park on the corner, the house that had the pool, the long awaited anticipation for family holidays and her lasagna that she taught me how to make, and pot roast, and tomato juice sprinkled with celery salt and pinkoning cheese after church while waiting for dinner ) always Steak & roni's (with ketchup).

Speaking with a friend of my dad's this morning over breakfast, it was a "chance" meeting, we talked about the Youth, and we talked about jacked up parents everywhere, but no matter what, not matter the mistakes my dad made, I always knew I was loved.

My heart feels like it's about to explode in love, I can't wait to let other people they are loved too!

1 John 4:18-19 18There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
19We love because he first loved us

Comments