Standing... strong


I don't think living in a world of uncertainity ever gets easier. I think the stronger we try to stand, the more we're attacked, the more someone tries to pull the carpet out from under us.

I do believe this about me. When the world gets scary, I retreat. I read more (I know it's wierd, I read in the bathroom - so I moved one of the copies of my bible to 'the drawer'.) The Word becomes so much of who I am, running through my veins that I can't help but have it come from my lips.

I never thout about it before (until last night when Miguel was teaching) that saying bad things is just as bad as everything else...

Look at Eph 5:3-4 (I've read it tons of times before)

3But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. 4Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.

It's in the same passage as sexual immorality and greed. I mean I've known that swearing, gossiping... it's all bad. Sin is sin. But I guess last night I had a "duh" moment. You know those kind where you just smack the top of your head and say "DUH!"

Oui.

I know I'm a work in progress. I know that one does not change overnight, but I also know that once we are in Christ, we are a new creation (2 Cor 5:17) and for me, everyday means that I need to accept to live in His light everyday. Everyday is a new opportunity to live in His light, to grow in His Word and spread more of His love while feeling more loved everyday.

So I'm standing strong. I am in Christ! I am a new creation! There's no need to be scared, God is with us always!

Thank You Jesus for Your Word, Thank You Holy Spirit for continuing to work in us everyday.

I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.”- Psalm 40:8
Oh... and I started posting different scripture at my desk everyday... and PEOPLE ARE COMING BY JUST TO READ IT!! Today is Joshua 1

Comments

Amber Land said…
Funny you should mention it because I have really felt like God is asking me to reword some of the things I always say. Not bad words, just words that could be replaced with more God pleasing ones. I'll be working on it with you!
Pat said…
It's that old "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks"...thing. Great post.