The things you learn while working with Youth...


Most lessons I think are geared towards the youth. Today Adam taught about being a Jesus freak. I love Jesus. Would I call myself a "freak"? Probably not, though someone else might. I think in order for that classification, I need to step it up a notch.

But that's not the lesson I learned today. We had Icris come and worship with us. He gave part of his testimony as well. I don't remember at what point he said "don't worry about the economy". Let me just tell you, I've been "concerned", I think that was my way of saying I'm worried but I didn't want to say worry, because i know I'm not supposed to worry. If it quacks like a duck... it's probably a duck. There is nothing I can do about the economy. I can take care of my home front. I can freeze my veggies, I can pray, and I can remember that I can really only depend on one thing. Jesus. I can't worry about the $400K vacation of the AIG executives, I could hope that this will all turn around, and it will. But that's not really where my hope needs to be, my hope is in Christ. He's all I need.

Hebrews 3:6 But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast.

Comments

Mrs. Mac said…
I love the youth on fire for Jesus, freaky and all! So, a little trip to Idaho instead of Austria? ;) Just give me advance notice so I can book your reservation at the Mangy Moose Lodge. I hear they give special deals to peeps from Michigan ;)