Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Sunday, October 12, 2008

The things you learn while working with Youth...


Most lessons I think are geared towards the youth. Today Adam taught about being a Jesus freak. I love Jesus. Would I call myself a "freak"? Probably not, though someone else might. I think in order for that classification, I need to step it up a notch.

But that's not the lesson I learned today. We had Icris come and worship with us. He gave part of his testimony as well. I don't remember at what point he said "don't worry about the economy". Let me just tell you, I've been "concerned", I think that was my way of saying I'm worried but I didn't want to say worry, because i know I'm not supposed to worry. If it quacks like a duck... it's probably a duck. There is nothing I can do about the economy. I can take care of my home front. I can freeze my veggies, I can pray, and I can remember that I can really only depend on one thing. Jesus. I can't worry about the $400K vacation of the AIG executives, I could hope that this will all turn around, and it will. But that's not really where my hope needs to be, my hope is in Christ. He's all I need.

Hebrews 3:6 But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast.

1 comment:

Mrs. Mac said...

I love the youth on fire for Jesus, freaky and all! So, a little trip to Idaho instead of Austria? ;) Just give me advance notice so I can book your reservation at the Mangy Moose Lodge. I hear they give special deals to peeps from Michigan ;)