Weekend

I've had a really busy two weeks, this weekend, I think I've only been home a short time except to sleep and when I've been home, it's picking up and cooking. Crazy as it sounds it's been a great weekend!

1. Surprise Party for Adam. I was very excited when Katie asked me to cook the food for it! He was so surprised!! I laughed when three people who arguing (not really arguing but having a discussion) about Calvinism and Armenism (sp?). I kind of just chuckled... and thought... you're all silly, it's a not something that is called out in the bible, it's a theory on theology. Our God is Sovereign. Our God is not so small that He needs you to decide which side of the fence you're on, He is BIG. It makes me laugh.

2. Sometimes its necessary to sluff off a little in order to get recharged... Yesterday I should have stayed home and cleaned, the dust bunnies are starting to attack, like every week when there has been a lot in front of us, the house is cluttered but I decided last night that i really wanted to go to Scarecrowfest and see the Alive band in Battle of the Bands. So I did. I threw caution to the wind (HA!) and didn't clean but relaxed and got to know someone a little better than I did before. I came home after being in the fall crisp air and thought "God is so good to me". The dust will probably accumulate for one more week... Oh well, it is well with my soul.

3. If you are interested in the Sisterhood of the traveling scarf, I am going to do it! Email me your name, address, phone number, blog if you have it (if you don't it's ok) and we will get started. If you only visit my blog once in awhile, we would love to have you as part of this. I am thinking of how to organize it (and I'll run it by my sister Sara to make sure I am not overlooking some small detail). I think it's a great idea!

4. Homemade Spaghetti Sauce for the first time... I doubled the recipe, I hope it's good! HA! If it turns out well, I am going to make another batch and put it aside for the long winter! I figure two batches might last us for awhile!
And homemade applesauce.... mmm... this is one of my favorite things of the season!
I also got about 5 pounds of green beans from Block's, I was thinking about Sara and her grandpa... I can't wait to snap them and steam them, and freeze them for some yummy treats of summer flavor for this summer.

Comments