Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Sunday, November 09, 2008

My Life


Phyllis has been gone for 3 days, today she comes home. She's at Choir Conference. I've missed her since the minute she left.

You'd think I would have packed my weekend with stuff that I liked, however, Thursday I cleaned house, Friday after work I came home, ate leftovers from Wednesday night's taco fiesta :), watched a couple shows and went to bed at 9:30. I'm just exciting. Saturday I got up did a little Christmas shopping and then spent the day with Adam, Favot, & Jon Whaley looking at camps for our Winter Retreat. I have to say, that it was great! We listened to sermons, talked about a bunch of stuff, talked about the kids and how to impact them, it was great, you would think 11 hours in a car with 3 guys would have been horrible, but we all have one purpose, bringing kids to Jesus. Because of our route, we went through a lot of small towns, I will be making that trip all by myself to check out some quaint towns to just look around.

Today is church, I have all the stuff thawing to make Shepard's Pie for Phyllis because she returns today! It's her favorite! After church I will come home, do some laundry, make cookies and Shephard's pie, and then go pick her up! I can't wait to see her! I've missed her so much!! Everytime I thought of doing something I thought "it would be more fun if PHyllis was here".

Song of Solomon 6:9 but my dove, my perfect one, is unique, the only daughter of her mother, the favorite of the one who bore her. The maidens saw her and called her blessed; the queens and concubines praised her.

2 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

Phyllis has a great mom! sounds like the 11 hour car trip was a blast. :) I'm sure Phyllis had a good time too and I can't beleive you have Christmas shopping done already! I'm So jealous!

Mrs. Mac said...

You are a great mom, Margie! Phyllis is one blessed teen! I'm sure she will be thrilled to read that you got her underwear at Walmart for $.50 :) :) (LOL ..snort)
Have a blessed reunion ... save me some Shepherd's Pie please!