prayer

Well… sorry I haven’t posted! I was SO tired on Saturday… I can’t imagine why… lol…

Sunday was a long day, I really hurt my back somehow. I didn’t do anything weird but I am in so much pain I can barely stand it. The good news it only hurts when I am still or when I move, other than that… no pain. I also have a killer headache…

It’s been pretty amazing the last couple weeks. I loved last Friday with the lock in. And don’t worry, the scarf is safe, I kept it in the car because it was just too hot!! Those kids are just amazing, they had so much fun!! We had a few slight instances, one forged signature (apparently they thought I wouldn't catch them! WRONG!), one kid barfed (he made the trash can), a couple injuries during EXTREME dodgeball, other than that… pretty calm for a Fuel Lock In.

I have a group of girls that I pray for in our high school ministry. They are my “5Alive” though I have 6 (I pray for a lot more than them)….lol It’s been pretty amazing the last couple weeks watching them grow in just a short time. One is getting baptized in a couple of weeks on a Thursday which is kind of funny because it’s my only day “off” and I am SOOO excited to be there to see her proclaim her life in Christ!! I don’t know if everyone realizes the power behind prayer that it’s not just something you do, but it becomes something you live. In my humble opinion, without oxygen you would die, and without prayer, there is death.

And last night, the girls were asking me all kinds of questions, because they were curious. Things that I think they were embarrassed to ask other people but I think they know they can trust me. I gave them honest answers and ideas to help them. I even asked them for 5 things that they need prayer for so that I could pray for them daily. If you could see these girls, they are so beautiful and their hearts are so beautiful and they are striving to live a life that is God honoring, and they understand that they might fall, but they know that they are never too far out of reach that God can’t call them back. Isn’t that like one of the best lessons ever?

Oh, the lessons I learn in Youth Ministry. I can’t imagine what I ever did to be blessed this much, but I am so thankful for God’s Amazing Grace, and His sacrifice.

Romans 8:38-39 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Comments

Amber Land said…
I think that is one of the most important lessons they can learn. If I had learned that it wouldn't have taken me three years to come back to church after I got pregnant at 18. I am praying for your back right now.