Confession


I have a confession to make.

Its something I never told anyone before.

Until yesterday I've never actually lead someone to Christ. I mean like saying the whole "do you want to accept Jesus as your Savior" there on the spot.

Maybe I was always nervous that they would say "no, you're a crackhead". I am not sure.

That never happened to me. For me, God chased after me, He caught me, and I've never been the same since. I simply, rested in the Lord, and then started running for God ever since. I've always just thought that others will see God's love through me, and then realize it's Him, not me.

I could say that I don't know what came over me yesterday. I know what it was. It was the Holy Spirit. I was unsettled, and I could barely stand to see this young girl who was in the arms of God and not ask. I was nervous. I was afraid she would say no. Not because I was afraid she would say "you're a crackhead". I was afraid that she would live one more day not having God working in her heart and her working with Him instead of against Him.

It's hard to trust in God when you've lived a life of people who were supposed to love you, but they don't. People will always let us down, BUT God, He never lets us down.

No need to fear.

I think today's verse of the day says it all.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.”- John 15:5,8

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
Praise the Lord! He uses even me...
Stacy said…
I love you Margie! You're one of a kind, and it's a great kind!!
Deb said…
Margie - as many thousands of times that I've talked with people about the Lord over all the years that I've served Him (and even in the years when I did not) I have never actually led someone in the sinner's prayer either. BUT...the Lord has used me to plant seeds and to water seeds that others have planted...and somewhere down the line, He'll use someone to do the harvesting! You just keep on living and talking and walking for Jesus --others will see --and be blessed! Don't feel guilty that you haven't led someone in the prayer...it's all in God's timing and I know that He is using you - BIG TIME!!
Constance said…
To be a part of changing someone's eternity...there can be no greater reward!
Connie