Happy Birthday to me...BLEK!


Its two in the morning, I haven't posted much, honestly because I've been kind of crabby. I couldn't wait for Christmas to come, so it could go. Thursday is my birthday.

Having your birthday on New Year's has it's good points but today, I can't really seem to find any. Honestly, I don't think there are any.

Most of my life people have been hung over on my birthday, or they've wanted to watch the Rose Bowl (please note there is no football allowed on my birthday), the places I'd really like to go are closed (do you know there are places that only close 3 times a year and New Year's is ALWAYS one of them!!), and my favorite resturaunt is always closed.
I'm really a not all about me kind of person, with the exception of my birthday. I wish I could do what I want on my birthday but I never get to. If I could do anything for my birthday I would want to go to the zoo. Yes, I know it's cold outside, and the Detroit zoo has quite a bit of walking, but that's all I want to do, but I can't. And yes, I will be OLD, however, its not something I have ever gotten over, that I can't do what I want, on my birthday. I always feel like I am trying to make everyone else happy by pretending that what I don't want to do is what I want to do.

I hate my birthday, I can't wait for it to come, so it can go.


Comments

Julie said…
Happy Birthday!

I sort of know how you feel...my birthday is on Jan. 11th, and while things are open on my birthday, I've always found that mine is the easy birthday to forget...after the rush of Christmas.

You have no idea how many times people have forgotten my birthday, and my parents, many years, have not even gotten me a card. It's silly, I know, but I think a birthday is a special day and whether it happens on Christmas Day, New Years Day or in the middle of the summer, it needs the same attention.

Maybe you need your "real" birthday and then an "official" birthday like the Queen of England has. Her birthday is in April, but the celebrations are always held in June...so the weather is better.

Anyways...I'll be away on New Year's in Michigan at my Uncle's, so I won't be online, but I would like to wish you a very happy birthday now! I hope the day holds many blessings for you, with more blessings throughout the coming year!
Trish said…
Oh, Margie...how sad I feel. Birthdays should be special! I pray that you will celebrate, for God planned your birthday. He knew before you were born all the plans He had for you! So, Rejoice girlfriend our Heavenly Father loves you and He will be dancing over you!
Happy Birthday!!!
tina fabulous said…
you cant hate your birthday. that is ridiculous.
i'm buying you a pony.
Louise said…
You share the same birthday as my favorite Uncle! Oh Margie, don't dislike your birthday ... that's like telling God He sure didn't know what He was doin' when He had you born on that special day! And a wise man told me years ago to never, ever wish time away. I'll share that story on my blog one of these days.
May you have a blessed birthday!
Pat said…
Blek right back to you! You're silly...Happy Birthday and you better never, ever say you don't like your birthday again or the Birthday police will come with that pony Tina is getting you, and I'll bring a silly hat for you to wear!
Jada's Gigi said…
Well, you certainly sound in a mood! lol
Happy birthday, anyway. and go do everything you want to do on Jan 2nd!
Deb said…
Oh Margie! I am sending you a HUGE birthday hug! I like Julie's suggestion --You are now hearby proclaimed to be Queen Margie - choose a day and we'll all celebrate...perhaps your 'half' birthday!

Olivia's teacher suggests that kids who were born in the summer bring a treat for their class on their 'half' birthday. Good idea...however, Olivia was born June 25th --so not only is so not in school on that day to share treats...her HALF birthday is December 25th! No school then either! So, she chooses whatever day she wants for her school birthday celebration!