I will not be guilted...

yesterday I went to our local independently owned scrapbook store. I was looking for something in particular that they didn't have. They have 25% off everything for the next couple days. The owner was like "is that it? We gave you an extra 25% off" and he kept going on and on.

Here's the thing, I don't NEED any scrapbook stuff, I have PLENTY, MORE THAN ENOUGH! He tried to make me feel guilty.

I work in the automotive industry, yes, we got the loan, however, people need to start buying cars or there's no money. Scrapbooking is not even close to a need. I had a gift card for Michaels, I was just stopping in to check some stuff out. Don't try to guilt me into buying your stuff, I know you are feeling the times too, but I have to be sensible.

Psalm 32:5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD "— and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah

Comments

Amber Land said…
I am impressed you didn't let him have it! I think I may have if I were you. It's your money and 25% off isn't that much anyway.
Kell said…
I know who that owner guy is...can't say I overly care for him. A bit too pushy for my taste. Honestly almost told him once to leave me alone and let me shop. Don't frequent that store too much anymore.
Trish said…
How aggravating! Just let me shop in peace or I'll not be back!
Deb said…
Bravo for you!