I'll play my drum for Him


The Little Drummer Boy is my favorite Christmas song. It has been. As a child, it was my favorite because it was my mom's favorite. Somehow I held onto her via song. I have a cross stitch Precious Moments Little Drummer boy that was done my cousin Kathy for my Aunt Dee (who was like a mom to my mom) that I got as a gift for my 31st birthday. It is the first picture on the wall when you walk into my living room. It may not be tre' chic, but I could careless, it's love is all the tre' chic I need. Cozy and homey is how I like my home anyway.

And I am sad to say that most of my life, I thought there was a little drummer boy in 'the Christmas Story'. Yeah, I know, pathetic. But now I love The Little Drummer Boy for a different reason. I love it because the song is like the song of my life.

Come they told me
God has been calling me for as long as I can remember! Family members tried to lead me to the Lord the best they knew how, prayed for me. I finally started listening.
A new born King to see
Something/Someone to rule over my life. I needed a new King. What was ruling my life sucked! No better better King than Jesus that is FOR SURE!
Our finest gifts to bring. To honor Him, when we come!
On my own, I got nothing! But the gifts God has given me to bring Him glory! Sheesh! Now those are some gifts I got!!
Little Baby.
God said (Isaiah 9:6) a baby is coming. He's a God of truth and wonder! His Word is true, you can bet on that! He said that was coming, to bring peace! Wonderful Counselor, Mighty (MIGHTY!) God!
I am a poor boy too, I have no gifts to bring that's fit for a King.
I came, I had nothing, I was BRO-KEN! A mess, a wretch! Who would want me?
and it goes on...
I played my best for Him.
I will run, give all I got for Him. For HIS GLORY! So that people I know will know that they are loved! ALL FOR HIM!!
Then He smiled at me and my drum.
Just to hear "well done, my good and faithful servant"

Isaiah 9:6
6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, [a] Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Little Drummer Boy
Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum
A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum
Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum
To lay before the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

So to honor Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
When we come.

Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum
I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum
I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum
That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum,
On my drum?

Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum
The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum
Me and my drum.

Comments

Amber Land said…
That is Tristin's very favorite song. We have a version by Go Fish Guys that all the kids love, we have been listening to their CD for a couple of days now and they go crazy every time that song comes on!
Jada's Gigi said…
That is a beautiful parallel between your life and Him. I like it.
Pat said…
Beautiful story, I can see why it's your favorite song.