Its not hard to remember


Sometimes we can forget the real reason for the season (ok, I can). It's funny a muslim was the one to point out to me that it's silly that we take a religious holiday and replace it with presents.

Sometimes we're hurt, the cap pops off on our teeth, we're disappointed, not with the gifts, but with the fact that it just doesn't seem like we matter to those who we think we should matter to.

And then I remember. No matter if all my teeth fall out, if I never get another present, and that when we feel that if I died tomorrow and no one cried, we have a God in heaven who loves us, no matter what. That in our hurt, He's there, holding our hands and our hearts, and that sometimes we just have to tredge through a bunch of stuff for someone else, and that it never really is about us anyway.

And that today, in a town, two kids, trusted God, even when it was hard, and I am sure that they had been hurt in all this, they came to a town, had a baby who saved us. Who loves us. And that's what it's really about anyway. And that even if our families disappoint us by the way we behave, He sends us people in our lives so that we remember that in Him, there is love, here.

Isaiah 9:6
6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, [a] Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Comments

Deb said…
Margie - thank you.

This post meant so much to me today - a Word from God - through you - straight to my heart!

Merry Christmas dear one!
Jada's Gigi said…
Merry Christmas, Margie!
Trish said…
Beautiful thoughts Miss Margie.
Pray your Christmas was Blessed!