living - really living


I got an email today. "how do you do it?"

This coming from someone that I love, but sometimes I think, "you really could do more". And I don't mean to sound judgemental, I just think that if someone thinks I'm overburdened, they could pick up some of the load, ya' know? We can't further the Kingdom by ourselves.

How do I do it?

God isn't first in my life. He is my life. When it gets to be too much about me, I realize that's how I got into trouble in the past. I have found that if I live for God, then all the rest falls into place. I sacrifice myself for something greater. Something far more important than me.

This doesn't mean that I don't do things for myself. This Friday being the example that I was invited to a Christmas party, but I am staying home to rest. I need to just be home and be with Phyllis. I just got Hancock in the mail, and I want to see it. It might be pizza and a movie or it might be something else. But this I know for sure, it will include me, Phyllis, and rest. I've started to learn that if I feel tired, there's a good chance I waited to long to rest, kind of like when you are thirsty - you should have had some water sooner.

I think of a couple of scriptures that just remind me how much God loves me...

Matthew 11:30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

There are millions more. He loves me. I'll rest in Him.

Comments

Louise said…
After reading about Rob, you're doing a wise thing by staying home and resting Margie. I've learned in my life that I can go and do 'til the cows come home for other folks (and I don't mind that at all)...but when it comes down to who'd miss me most if I were gone, it would be family. I am easily replaceable in ministry, but there's no one who can be the wife to my husband..the Mom to my sons & their wives, and the Gram to my grandgirls. That's the role I fill first right now.
Bless you Sweetheart.
Deb said…
Margie, you teach me something everyday.

Today - it's reminding me the importance of giving my all for Him - and then resting in His arms after a job well done.

Enjoy your pizza and a movie!!