O Christmas Tree O Christmas tree


I put my tree up on Thanksgiving eve. I did it by myself this year. And I have to say, I love trimming the tree with Phyllis, this year, I really enjoyed doing it by myself. I got to spend the time looking at every ornament. I have so many favorites, I think I need another tree. I look at each one and the memory it holds.

This year, I picked up one and thought "you really should get rid of that one". It says "our first Christmas 1997". I got it when I was engaged to someone I obviously didn't marry. I never put it on the tree. Its a part of my life that has passed, however the ornament is still there. I looked at it, and then just put it in the box.

One of my very favorites is the snow man with the mouse doctor. Purchased the year that Phyllis was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. This ornament has no ties to Jesus in any ways by looking at it, with the exception of when I look at it. Phyllis no longer has JRA, and it is only by God's healing is she cured.

My tree will never win Better Homes and Garden's tree of the year, but I wouldn't trade it, ever.

Comments

Pat said…
It sounds like a very beautiful tree, and the ornament that represents Phyllis being healed...sounds like the prettiest of all. You'll have to take a picture and share it with all of us!
Trish said…
I love Christmas trees! I'd never part with Phyllis's healing ornament!!!
Becky said…
stopping in!!
Deb said…
As I was reading I said to myself, "oh my, I didn't know Phyllis had JRA"...and then read that she is healed! Praise God! Yes, you must share a photo of that ornament!

...by the way...tell Phyllis that I got my Suubi beads the other day after visiting the website and just inquiring...they sent me a huge box to sell! ...took them to my family dinner and sold four already. I'm so excited about them - they are really beautiful necklaces - and a great way for the women to earn money for their families!
Stacy said…
I'm pleased to know that you had a memorable Thanksgiving Eve!!
Mrs. Mac said…
I can't wait to see a pic of your tree, Margie. Hugs
Constance said…
My tree won't win any awards either but as long as we are happy, that's what really matters!

Hugs,
Connie
Constance said…
My tree won't win any awards either but as long as we are happy, that's what really matters!

Hugs,
Connie