Seeing their sweet faces

Today we wrote down all the Alive students who haven't been to Alive in at least 6 weeks. There were a lot of them. Oh, my heart. During worship, I normally do the words, however, I have an awesome shadow and she did them tonight. I walked down every aisle and prayed, and my heart spoke each name.

Most I didn't know, but some, I knew their faces. I could see their faces reflecting off my heart. I could tell you what color eyes they have, their hair color, I could see their smiles, and their tears. And at some points, my heart broke. I just kept praying.

I just know that God is going to do a work in their lives, that He has great plans for them! That they are the beautiful children of God, precious is each one. That God has formed each child, He loves them, He calls to them, He calls until they answer.

what a precious sound that our hearts hear, the sweet gentle voice of God. Our Savior, the Love like no other.

Those beautiful sweet faces. Oh, my heart will never forget.
Psalm 44:3 It was not by their sword that they won the land, nor did their arm bring them victory; it was your right hand, your arm, and the light of your face, for you loved them.

Comments

Deb said…
You have the biggest heart for young people than anyone I have ever known. Jewels. I'm tellin' ya - major jewels in your crown...you're going to need a crane to lift it off you head in order to lay it at His feet!
Deb said…
YOUR head...not YOU head. tsk.tsk.
Jada's Gigi said…
You truly have found your calling. What a blessing to your church, those kids and the kingdom of God. I'm sure God is in MP3 players and brownies and oh so many other places! Merry Christmas, Margie!
Stacy said…
Jada's Gigi....Margie is a HUGE blessing to our church!


In being such a blessing, I ask you for forgiveness, Margie, that I plum forgot to serve on First Five this past Sunday, oops!! I was so consumed with 7 Families, that it just slipped right outta that ole head of mine....you still love me, right?? LOL!