Columbia

Phyllis will be going to Columbia in July without me. That seems wierd that my baby will be so far away from me for such a long time.

I'm really not worried about her. I know she will handle herself just fine, she will work hard, study hard, love hard. I am more worried about the other people going. I am more worried that they will be a distraction to her. I am worried that maybe they weren't raised to act respectfully.
I think some people think I am over-protective. I am not OVER protective, for the record I am protective just right. Some people just choose not to be involved as much in their children's lives. She laughed when I said that I would be at every showing of the musical. And I will be. I don't care what comes up, nothing will be more important. And yes, I am going to Austria. Not because I think she can't handle it, I am going because I am proud and I love her, and I want to experience it with her, not just through the stories she tells. I want to see what she sees.

She is going to Columbia. I've had people make comments that she shouldn't go, or that they will have something to say about it. Here's what I have to tell anyone who has anything negative to say about it... Be quiet. I don't want to hear it. She was entrusted (by God) to me, not you. It's always been my decision for the things that go on in her life, and unless I get married and my husband adopts her, it will always be my decision (guided by God). If you think I am so naive that I don't know what can happen, you're wrong, I just choose not focus on it, I choose to focus on the TRUTH. She was brought to this earth to bring GLORY TO GOD, and she does that everyday. And this will be no different. Glory to God.

Psalm 19
1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.

3 There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard. [a]

4 Their voice [b] goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,

5 which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.

6 It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is hidden from its heat.

7 The law of the LORD is perfect,
reviving the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.

8 The precepts of the LORD are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.

9 The fear of the LORD is pure,
enduring forever.
The ordinances of the LORD are sure
and altogether righteous.

10 They are more precious than gold,
than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
than honey from the comb.

11 By them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great reward.

12 Who can discern his errors?
Forgive my hidden faults.

13 Keep your servant also from willful sins;
may they not rule over me.
Then will I be blameless,
innocent of great transgression.

14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Comments

Pat said…
The hardest thing in the world for a parent is to let go. Truth is...God never lets go. We'll all be praying for the hedge of protection around her and she'll glorify God in all she does!!
Trish said…
Pat said it perfectly...God never lets go!
Your baby girl belongs to Him first, He will keep her!