How would you spend your day off if you could do anything you wanted?

I had MLK day off yesterday. Phyllis had school and musical rehearsal so I was free to spend the day any way I liked.

I dropped her off at school, took my dad the paper, picked up some toys that were being donated to Grace, and headed up to Grace Centers of Hope to work in the kitchen to help prepare and serve lunch. What a blessing!! As I began to do the desserts in walked 30 6th graders. I was so blessed that I got to work with 4 beautiful little girls, we prepared the desserts and they told me a little about themselves. It was a great day!

And then it was even better!

As I was cleaning up I looked up and there was Mary Kay and Roger! Oh MY!! I was so excited, I haven't seen them in about 14 years! I used to babysit their beautiful children Rachel & Zack! I was so excited! We caught up the best we could in 15 minutes. It was amazing to me how God brought us together, Roger had just met Pastor Clark last week.

Had lunch with a good friend, then headed back to the Mission, and then home! Off to Fuel I went to see those beautiful children!!

Gal 5:13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature ; rather, serve one another in love.

Comments

Deb said…
I spent my day off researching puppies! And today ---we bought one! Update soon on my blog!