Interview...

I decided to let Lynette interview me... it was a post on her blog... so here goes...

1) Tell us how you came to follow Christ and tell us a little about your walk with the Lord.

My story is so long. I always laugh because people start it with the “I grew up in a Christian home or I didn’t”. I am the loud one in my family, and when I say that I mean my dad’s side. Typically I stick out and feel like I don’t fit in, I always joke and say I am the white trash in our family. I am sure there were days and nights that they didn’t stop praying for me because they didn’t know what else to do.

I made quite a big of bad choices along the way. In all those choices, somehow God blessed me with the most beautiful little girl. She is named after my mom who died when I was 16 months old.

My dad and I didn’t go to church much, weddings, funerals, and Christmas (but not Easter), however, I attended church with my gram & grandpa and my aunt. I even made all those sacraments… Baptism, Communion, Reconciliation, Confirmation…

I have never once doubted the presence of God. Ever. Unfortunatly though, He was more like my “get out of jail free card” not my Savior.

My daughter had arthritis and so many times I would lean on Him. I would say “I’m not strong enough” God help me, but in no way did I live my life for Him. I thought people who lived like I do now were kind of weird, I could justify almost anything, and I did.

And one Saturday my girlfriend who was keeping Phyllis overnight called and said “I’m taking Phyl to church with me”. Phyllis freaked out… it was a Baptist Church and she thought she would kneel or sit or stand at the wrong time (because that’s what Catholics do). I tried to explain to her that they don’t do that…. She didn’t believe me so I told her I would go. March 14, 2004

Three songs… Come, now is the time to Worship, I could sing of your love forever, and Draw me close. I wept through all three songs. I don’t know what it was about those three songs, but that was the day I knew my life had to change. Phyllis’s Sunday School teacher asked her if she thought we’d be back and her simple reply “oh yeah, my mom was crying” isn’t that funny!

From that day on, my life completely changed. I had a lot of growing to do and I still do. But everyday, I just surrender it all to Him.

And everyday, even when it’s not easy, I trust in Him.

That’s the short version… lol

2) What is your favorite season and WHY

My favorite season is Summer. Though it’s followed close by Spring and Fall. As a child, I don’t have many memories of any other seasons. My dad and I spent all our time together in the summer on our boat. Such great memories. I love the warmth, the events, the boat, swimming.
3) Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 20 years?

Its hard to determine where I’ll ever be because I never thought I’d be where I am today. That’s funny. I had all these dreams of being a wife, a mom of a big family, and a teacher. And I am none of those things. I am, however, a mom.

In ten years, I would hope that I would be married, and maybe with a couple more little kids. I am better suited for girls I think than boys because I am not very patient, but it really wouldn’t matter. My hope is that my mortgage would be paid off so that I could be debt free of all things.
I would love to be a speaker of the Word of God.
In twenty years, wow… I have no clue. Loving Grandbabies…

It doesn’t matter whether its ten or twenty year, the only thing I can say for sure that I will be doing is following the Lord.

4) Tell us your favorite memory raising your children and one from your own childhood.

I can’t really pick a favorite memory of raising my daughter, they are all my favorites. I love spending time with her, going to the movies or on field trips. I think my favorites are all the trips to the zoo. Money was pretty tight, but every year when I would get my income tax check I would purchase a year pass to the Detroit Zoo and we would hop in the car on a Saturday with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and go to the zoo. We would either get a pop or an ice cream. We would go by ourselves or she would take a friend or two. I still love the zoo.

My favorite childhood memory would be all the summers spent on the Detroit River on the boat. So many, I can’t pick any of them out.

5) First kiss stories can be fun...tell us yours. Then tell us how you met the love of your life.

My first kiss was Brian Conway in 4th grade at school camp on a tire swing. It’s funny because just yesterday he was added to my facebook as people you might know. That’s funny!

I am not married… so someday I will get back to you on how I met the love of my life…

Comments

Lynette Jacobs said…
I enjoyed learning more about you Margie...hope to visit again soon!:)
Pat said…
That was great...I loved reading the entire interview! I especially loved the way you said you had so many great summer memories on the boat that you couldn't pick just one. I'd say you're pretty rich!
Deb said…
Here's what I know....that I got the "Holy Spirit chills" when you said that you'd get back to us on how you met the love of your life.

....he's out there somewhere... just waiting for God's perfect timing! I've been praying for you in that area...and I'm not stopping! ;)