No more relaxing :)

I’ve been reading the bible to complete in a year. It’s been pretty amazing how when our (by our... I mean my) hearts are open how God can speak to us (by us, I mean me). In the last week or so it’s been pretty evident that there were things I needed to hear.

I’ve kind of been consumed by Phyllis’s maybe reoccurrence of JRA. It seems that some days it’s all I can think about or pray about. I’ve been rehashing the past. And I think of Lion King where Timon & Pumba say “you’ve got to leave your past behind you”. That’s where it belongs.
On my desk, I have a little saying on my desk that says:

There are two days we should not worry about.
YESTERDAY, with it’s mistakes and heartaches, they are gone forever.
TOMORROW is the other day. It has problems and possibilities; but until the sun rises they are unborn and unreal.
TODAY is the only day left.
Anyone can fight a battle for just one day.
Only when we add the burdens of those other two days are we likely to fail.

It reminds me of Matthew 6 (which is one of my very favorite scriptures… probably because I have a tendency toward worry – I often feel like this one was written directly for me).

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


I was thinking and praying about the scripture I read yesterday in Matthew 14:
31Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"

WHY AM I WORRYING? If I am really going to let God handle it, then I am going to let God handle it.

And then yesterday they officially announced the Overseas Mission Trip for Alive: Columbia. I have said all along that Phyllis could go. I even thought of a fundraiser for her (she’s (we’ve) got to come up with $1000). I’ve said all along “for the Glory of God” but somehow when the date was announced and it was officially official… My flesh kind of said “ugh… maybe” and then my spirit said “for the Glory of God”. And so she will go, and I will probably take a lot of flack for it, but God has entrusted her to me, but she is not mine, she is His, I say it again, she is HIS! And so I will trust that if the doors are opened, that she will walk through, safely, without harm. I will cry out to Him for this. That her life and her love will be changed forever because she has made an impact on someone’s life, for eternity.

Even me of little faith.

God has it all under control. He’s called us to be world changers whether it be the world around us, work, families. Or whether it is the world as in, you know, the world. I don’t understand, and I am not trying to be a jerk here, that if God has called you, He has sought after you (Isaiah 62:12 12 They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the LORD; and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted.), He has SAVED you, in Him you can REJOICE how if you believe His Word, that you cannot say WHENEVER, WHATEVER, WHEREVER you call me, Lord I will answer.

And so it goes, I will answer! I will say to the Lord, “You, dear God have it under control, God use me, I am Yours”.

I think I rambled today. My heart is exploding…

Psalm 16:8-11 8 I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;

my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the grave, [
c]
nor will you let your Holy One [d] see decay.
11 You have made [
e] known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Comments

Lynette Jacobs said…
Just rest in Him Margie...He always makes a way where there seem to be no way. Another name for us (His children) Kingdom Advancers! I like that name...
Very cool - giving it up to him is the only way to get peace and rest! What is the fundraiser? I am envious in a good way of how often you read your bible. I struggle with it SO MUCH! Keep it up. Oh, and on another subject (I keep forgetting to ask you) Can you e-mail me the details for the 5K. Thanks!