Trusting

Hebrews 4:14-16 14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens,[a] Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. 16Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Do you ever think “for His glory” and then when something happens you think “can’t you just use someone else? I’m happy over here doing thisorthat.

That happened to me today. Phyllis’s knees have been bothering her. To the point that I was concerned it might be her Rheumatoid Arthritis coming back. And I began to think about what it was like “back when”. Oh I remember those days like they were yesterday and they seem far away at the same time. Ok, true confessions, I started to worry (UGH! I get so mad at myself when I do that!)

I even sent someone a message “but do you think God could just use us to serve and let someone else go through all this?”. Isn’t that funny? The going gets tough and I just say “Not me”. I didn’t really mean it, well, I kind of meant it, but I really think this is just another opportunity for God to show up and show off. I went to the bathroom and had a good cry. "I TRUST YOU GOD" through tears, Jesus tears.

Jesus tears. When God removes all the yucky and fills you up with Him. When you can’t do anything but surrender, to give it all to Him. To really say “for Your Glory”. I am His, and I know that never ever does He leave me, not before and not now.

I went to my desk, read Psalm 46 and then Heb 4:14-16

I made her a Dr. appt only for her to tell me that she's fine. And then I started to think "did I over-react?" she complained for 4 days... I don't think that I did. I am going to take her just to be sure, she seems to be fine, but it won't hurt to take her to have her knees looked at.

Psalm 46
For the director of music. Of the Sons of Korah. According to Alamoth. A song. [a]
1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
Selah

4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.

5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.

6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Selah

8 Come and see the works of the LORD,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.

9 He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear,
he burns the shields [b] with fire.

10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

11 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Selah

Comments