Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Groceries


It's kind of an odd thing, but grocery shopping is one of my most favorite things to do. I love getting a good deal on whatever. I've learned (and been taught) that it is worth making a few trips to a few different stores, especially if you have a plan.

I was a SaveAlot shopper for a long time, and my girlfriend finally convinced me to go to Aldi's! That was quite a blessing. Both stores do have phenomenal product, they don't always have EVERYTHING, but they have more than just the basics, and it's cheap.

I do shop at Meijer and Kroger, but I am SHOCKED to see some of the prices they charge!! That big container of Oatmeal - $3.29 at Meijer... $1.79 at Aldi. And the list goes on and on. But as with everything, always know your prices, sometimes the bigger 'chain' stores do have some extraordinary deals.

I sometimes find myself saying "oh, I'm here" but last night at Kroger $1.99 cream cheese made it worth the trouble to run to Aldi. And it really wasn't any trouble, it was on my way home from Kroger anyway. And on four items I saved over $4 or I would have been ripped off $4 depending on how you look at it!

I don't know how people can survive shopping at the big chains for everything!

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

2 comments:

Trish said...

I hear ya! in this economy we need every bargain we can find!

Lynette said...

Oh I am in awe of you....I absolutely hate shopping.