Prayer

I pray everyday. Most days its a conversation, and most nights I fall asleep praying, and the most prayer is done in my car. There are somethings I pray for everyday, somethings I pray for when I'm reminded.

Today I am reminded how God answers our prayers. I have a co-worker who was temporarily laid off in November. Many of those people who received that same package did not come back to work. He was given an extended month, however today he returned to work. I was so thankful to God for bringing him back. He's such a sweet person, hard-worker, knowledgeable, and sometimes when things get a little rough, he can bring a smile to my face just when I really need one.

I've also been reminded about God's guidance. I've prayed the entire time Phyllis has had "knee issues" that I would have the wisdom to make the right choices about her care. She started a nutritional supplement that she took a long time ago (coincidentaly at the same time she went in remission ;) ), this morning I asked her how her knees were feeling... her reply (I held my breath for an answer) "great". hmmm...

God is good.

Praying about a lot of things, these two especially...

I'm praying for Ashley and Kyle, Kyle took too many pills, ended up in the hospital, he needs to go to Grace Centers of Hope. Praying his heart will be open to it. Now not later. Ashley to be strong, the strength she has is drawn from God.

Praying for the beautiful Ann Marie who is out there, who needs to come home. I'd go get her if I knew where she was, and I'd bring her back to Grace Centers of Hope.

It's a crazy thing about that place, and maybe it's a crazy thing about love. There are days that I just can't get that place off my heart, there are certain people there that never leave my heart or my prayers. No rhyme or reason for it.

God is good... I'm so thankful for prayer, it's one of the greatest gifts God has given us. I believe that it is something to be taken seriously. When I say "I will pray for you" or any prayer request, really, I mean it. It might be an on going thing or it might be "then and there" but I pray. I've even stepped out of my comfort zone lately and I pray for people "on the spot" outloud. That might not seem like a big deal to you, but it was something that made me uncomfortable for a long time.

Matthew 21:22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

I started My own Project 365 like Kelly

Comments

Trish said…
When someone calls me to pray...I pray right then and there over the phone, in a restaurant...wherever I happen to be. That way I keep
my word...plus the more I do it the less apprehensive I get!
You are a blessing to me Dear Girl...your heart is big, big, HUGE!