Prayer


I can't seem to get prayer off my heart. Is that crazy?

You know when people say "I'll pray for you" I wonder if they do.

I know that many times I've prayed once (at the very moment they ask for it) and sometimes I honestly do move on to the next prayer. And sometimes God puts someone on my heart, and I pray. I know He's God and He already knows what they need, but I still pray.

I guess maybe prayer is on my heart so much because I am so thankful for it. I am so thankful for the connection with God. How undeserving I am, and how great God is. How thankful I am that I am chosen by Him. How greatful I am to be loved by Him.

I remember so vividly when I was younger (up until about 5 years ago) that my prayers we pleas or wishes. And how now it's so much different. I'm thankful for a relationship not a religion. I'm thankful to have an open heart to cry out to God instead of plea bargaining with Him, how my prayers and requests aren't wishes (though to be honest, I still have a few of those from time to time). Prayer is like the ultimate conversation, and how sweet the sound when He answers.

Psalm 42:8 By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life

Comments