Running


I forgot how much I love to run, although yesterday I only ran for 5 minutes (out of 20) and it wasn't that fast, but I still ran. I felt so good when I got off the treadmill with my mp3 player and my favorite shoes.

I have two goals, they are very close together.

I am running a 5k in May a fundraiser for Breast Cancer

I am running a 10k in June (actually the weekend after the 5K) a fundraiser for Grace Centers of Hope.

I'm training for the 10k that way the 5K will be a warm up :)

The gym was packed yesterday, I need to get my endurance up this winter and then when the weather breaks I will start running outside. I pretty excited about getting back to the gym, I've been working on making better choices in eating habits and so it's time to throw some exercise in the game.

I've been feeling better, sleeping better, some of that is eating habits, and some of that is taking some things out of my schedule (like getting my nails done - which I miss but I love being home!), and some of that is taking better care of myself.

I think of my dad who has quite a bit of health problems, and I don't want to be like that. So it's time to get my act together!

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
always hated running..but I do like exercising...hiking, stretching, working in the yard, any kind of exertion like that that..oh yes, and dancing...I need a dance 10K to get ready for..now that would be motivation! :) Go get em sister!
Lynette Jacobs said…
I was addicted to running until a year ago...last year I got spinal surgery on Valentines day...now I am no longer allowed to run...so enjoy it.