what do you do?

I was talking to a friend today (or maybe it was yesterday, I don't know) and we were talking about why people vote. He said that a lot of 'evangelical christians' choose who they vote for based on the whole 'abortion' thing. And what have the people we voted for (who stood against abortion) done to solve this 'problem'. Let me first say... I don't choose who I vote for based on that issue. It's not an issue for me. I know... gasp.

But here's what I am saying. If there is some injustice in the world (the whole world or just your tiny part of it) that you believe should be stood up against, do you do something about it? Or do you just sit there waiting for someone 'to do something'.

It's no secret that I work with youth. I love teenagers. Really. I know, it's kind of odd for me too. I didn't like teenagers when I was a teenager. lol.

WHY? because I want them to live a life full of joy and love and not of consequence, like I did. Do you know that I am still jacked up from my teenage years. I want them to live a life of Christ, He's our Lord and Savior.

I was listening to a CD that Adam gave the Youth Staff (Adam, I really do listen to those things). It said that if we teach students to cling to what is good we won't have to teach them to hate what is evil (that's Romans 12:9 for those of you taking notes). And how true is that?! Cling to what is good. If you do, you won't go looking for evil and if it comes looking for you, you won't gravitate towards it because you are clinging to what is good. It's not that easy but it is that true.

So, we voted all these people in. And what are they doing?

But most importantly, what are you doing?

I always come back to the same thing. LOVE.

What are you doing to love?

What are you doing to make sure that those in our world 'cling to what is good'?

Romans 12:9-10 9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.

Comments

Trish said…
I do something about it! I am a member of Michigan Right to Life and have supported them financially for almost 20 years. The Abortion thing??? It is murder! I feel if I vote for someone who supports it I am as guilty as the Dr.'s who are slaughtering innocent babies...millions of them. We in the U.S. are guilty of our own Holocaust...shame on us!!!! Yet our media's been carrying on for days about the woman who left her newborn in a bathroom at Wyandotte Hospital like she is a monster... At least this precious baby girl has the right to life. And just maybe some loving couple who can't have children of their own, may finally carry that bundle of joy into their home.
Ok...I'm off my Soap Box!
Trish said…
This comment has been removed by the author.