Who saves you?


Today I was in Pontiac, I took a picture for my project 365 of the House of Hart & Hope. Stopped at Summit Place Mall for a quick run into JCPenney. It’s pretty empty. Sad really. (Picture taken there)

Thinking about last night’s sermon that Pastor Clark gave. I told the women something about the exciting news at Grace Centers of Hope. The lady was more excited about the Hollywood film studio. It’s going to bring jobs and something along the lines of it saving Pontiac.

This is no new revolution. Hollywood is not going to save Pontiac. Sure jobs are great, we could use a few new ones after Granholm has chased companies out of Michigan like an old lady with a slipper. But let’s make no mistake about one thing…

Only Jesus saves. Put your faith in HIM!

I think that sometimes people think I do some great work because I collect pennies (nickels & dimes too) for Grace Centers of Hope, I am running the 10K for as a fundraiser for them, I love volunteering in the kitchen, I go to church up there on occasion. But let me tell you something, I am blessed and count myself blessed that I can be a part of their ministry in a small way, whatever it is. I am blessed because I get to see God move, I get to watch the impossible become possible (Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.") by the Hand of God. I see people who society would have cast aside, being used and loved by God. People helping people. Children being loved. Women becoming who they were meant to be. Blessed and highly favored!

You know why?

Because Jesus saves.

His Word is Alive and it’s real.

May you be blessed by a ministry that you begin to serve in, and may you see the Hand of God at work in your life.

Psalm 29
1 Ascribe to the LORD, O mighty ones,
ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
2 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name;
worship the LORD in the splendor of his [a] holiness.

3 The voice of the LORD is over the waters;
the God of glory thunders,
the LORD thunders over the mighty waters.

4 The voice of the LORD is powerful;
the voice of the LORD is majestic.

5 The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars;
the LORD breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon.

6 He makes Lebanon skip like a calf,
Sirion [b] like a young wild ox.

7 The voice of the LORD strikes
with flashes of lightning.

8 The voice of the LORD shakes the desert;
the LORD shakes the Desert of Kadesh.

9 The voice of the LORD twists the oaks [c]
and strips the forests bare.
And in his temple all cry, "Glory!"

10 The LORD sits [d] enthroned over the flood;
the LORD is enthroned as King forever.

11 The LORD gives strength to his people;
the LORD blesses his people with peace.

Comments

Becky said…
can't wait to see it finished!