Blueberry Coffee Cake
Ingredients (for about 6 servings)
For the Cake:
1 cup milk
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground mace
1 cup fresh blueberries
For the Topping:
2 tbsps unsalted butter
1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- To make the topping, combine cinnamon, sugar and flour in a small bowl.
- Add butter and beat with a pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- To make the cake, beat together the egg, milk and butter in a large bowl.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and mace into a bowl.
- Add the egg mixture and beat together until well blended.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Lightly butter a 9-inch-diameter cake pan.
- Evenly spread the cake batter in the pan and sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake in a preheated 350° F oven for about 40 - 45 minutes.