Breath Him In

Phil 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Sometimes the way I feel is completely without logic. Or maybe I listen to much to ‘the world’ and not enough to the spirit that is within me. I told you about the tornado that I created in my own world, some may say that I was ‘under attack’, I’ll just say that I got in my own way. I tripped myself. Sometimes I forget that I am worth saving, sometimes I forget my worth in general. Well, maybe in my own worth, I am not, but that in God’s world, I am worth saving. There have been many instances in my life where I could point out that someone might not think or have shown that I am worth anything, many times, whether true or not, I have felt kicked to the curb. I think it may or may not be true. And in all honesty, I don’t think it matters.

This is what I truly think matters. That God loves me, that He continues to work in and through me everyday when my heart is open to Him. That’s the only part I have control over, my heart, the rest is up to Him.

He has all the power. He is Mighty, He is loving, He is Graceful. He is Everything. And on my own… I am nothing.

There are times when I need to have some me time, but not so that it can be about me, I need to become rejuvenated in Him. Rest. Rest in Him. Silly, but that's why I love scrapbooking, I get to somehow relive God's blessings in my life. I read (I think in Cheryl’s comments) Sara said even divers need to come up for air or something like that. How wise is that Sara. Sometimes we need to come up for air, we need to breath Him in. And we need to do things we enjoy. This weekend I think will be one that is busy but full of things I really enjoy. Miss Ashley turned 18 today, I’m happy to say that she will have friends over our house on Friday to celebrate! I love celebrating Ashley!!! Satruday is the fashion show benefit for Phyllis and a few of her friends for their trip to Columbia. I’ve got to make Spaghetti (my biggest concern is that I have no idea how much to make!!) and then it’s coffee (tea) with Katie. Sunday is the Lord’s Day. Learning and Serving.

How thankful I am that God called me, that He called ME, that everyday He works in me, in spite of me. Even though I mess up and make quite a mess of things. Thankful I am! Thankful!

Isaiah 62:11-12
11 Indeed the LORD has proclaimed
To the end of the world:

“ Say to the daughter of Zion,
‘ Surely your salvation is coming;
Behold, His reward is with Him,
And His work before Him.’”
12 And they shall call them The Holy People,
The Redeemed of the LORD;
And you shall be called Sought Out,
A City Not Forsaken.

Comments

Constance said…
I can relate to a small degree. Several months ago I was struggling and I realized that I was suffering from major burn out. I've been doing this same job (my house cleaning business) almost 12 years now and there's NO room for creative outlet! It's bad when you get excited because you're "mixing it up" by cleaning a house in the REVERSE order from which you usually do! Shheesh! Pathetic right?

Dave and I came up with the "me time" concept. He said,
"Take a day each week and do only what YOU want to do! Don't even cook dinner, we'll eat leftovers or order pizza".

So now that I have an area to work in, I can scrapbook to my heart's content. Which is what I am doing today! I started our Winter in Yellowstone album from Jana=uary and it has really helped me to feel like I am not just a hamster on a treadwheel anymore!

Connie
Jada's Gigi said…
What a lovely post, Margie! Amen...breathe Him in!
Margie, I seriously love you. I love your heart, I love your hugs I love your smile. You are so important to me. I don't think I could ever say enough good things about you. I want you to know how much I value you and love you. I thank God that you decided to come to Metro, you have taken me in as one of your many "daughters" and for that I am so thankful. I love you a ton! I miss you and I can't wait to come back and see you!!
Lynette Jacobs said…
You are an inspiration Margie...the way you live out Jesus is awesome.