Excitement?


Last night I was talking with my friend, he said he did some silly go down a hill over a pond/lake thing at Boyne and won...

I said "I would never do that"

He said that's why some people have exciting lives and some people don't.

And so that's what I thought of before I went to bed and what I thought of when I woke up and on my way in.

My "boring" life. And let me say that my friend in no way insinuated that I had a boring life, that's all me.

I haven't traveled all over the world or even traveled that much in the US, though I would seriously love to visit every zoo in the United States). Though I have been on some really great trips. I was able to take Phyllis to Disney when she was 8 (6 days after 9-11 which was a SWEET time to go because no one was there!), we've gone on a Possum Trip (you travel at night and wake up at a new destination - so fun), Texas and a few other really great places... AND we're about to go to Austria... woo hoo!!!

I don't even do that many things that are that exciting. I'm busy enough, but one thing I'll tell you, boring life or not, I don't think I would trade it in for anything!! I love find joy in simple things, I love serving in Soup Kitchens, and loving teenagers, I love being excited for their accomplishments, no matter how big or how small. I love that even though I'm not the "fun" leader that they know, that I'm there (just don't be ridiculous).

I'm a mom... and to me that's the best, most exciting thing... ever!

Comments

Pat said…
God created us all with different personalities and you have recognized where he wants you to shine!
I'm not a thrill seeker, having my house clean, dinner on the table and looking half way human is thrilling enought for me!
Margie, working with Alive and fuel is an adventure in itself!!! Every week their is something new and exciting, like explosions and trees and chainsaws and kids throwing up lol it is an adventure! I think thsat can be the best adventure of all:)
Margie said…
I forgot about the kids always throwing up... and the chainsaws... and flying fruit... and crazy blender games!

Thanks for the reminder Megan, man, do i love you!!
Jada's Gigi said…
You are so blessed! and that's pretty exciting! :)
Deb said…
You are amazing. :)

And you have an amazing life!