Hope joy love



I slept in today (7:30!).

I took my car which needs brakes to a place that I thought was trustworthy, however it turned out... not so trustworthy. They tried to tell me things I needed for my car because after looking at it, it was "dangerous". However it was really based on miles because they did not need to be done, they based it on miles alone because I got a new engine. hmmm... I left... angry, even said to them "in times like these, you can't rip people off, I can get anyone to work on my car". Jerks.

I could have let this affect me long-term, because honestly, short term, it did affect me. But thank God my blood pressure returned to it's normal place.

I stopped at Sam's Club (packed - hello it's Saturday) and just said to myself "prepare yourself, you'll be here for awhile". I just wanted to pick up a few things, and I learned a lesson on how to pick a pineapple. I found some beautiful strawberries, BIG ones! Beautiful, perfect for Choc covered strawberries. So when the kids (Phyllis and Gibby) come home from their Columbia meeting, I am going to grill some chicken, make some brocolli, a beautiful salad, and choc covered strawberries for dessert.

I feel like everyday I am a little more like "myself" and a month ago I would have probably said "they'll never know I saw these strawberries" and been content with grilling the chicken, but that wasn't me.

We can't let our circumstances run our lives, we have to be who God made us to be. Hope to a world that needs it, peace when everything is restless, joy that's unspeakable and unbreakable, and love that is never ending.

1 Cor 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love

Counting On God - Desperation Band
VERSE 1
I'm in a fight not physical
And I'm in a war
But not with this world
You are the light that's beautiful
And I want more
I want all that's Yours

PRE-CHORUS
Joy unspeakable that won't go away
And just enough strength
To live for today
So I never have to worry
What tomorrow will bring
'Cause my faith is on solid rock
I am counting on God

CHORUS
I am counting on
I am counting on God

BRIDGE
The miracle of Christ in me
Is the mystery that sets me free
I'm nothing like I used to be
Open up your eyes you'll see

Comments

I love this song... and I hear it a lot now lol...
Jada's Gigi said…
I think following the Lord leads us to being "normal" His normal...that we could never have been before. :) Good for you and the strawberries!
Constance said…
I had a chocolate covered strawberry this past Saturday at a wedding we went to. (My daughter Jennifer's dessert specialty are these and chocolate covered cherries!) I was a good girl and only had 1 Saturday.
Connie