Making my own tornado

Oh, this might be some great science experiment. Unfortunatly, the tornado I am referring to almost drove me off the edge, literally.

Yesterday, I was in the middle of my own vicious circle. It was horrible. Take the events of the day, and then beating myself up, oui, it was awful, the thought of driving off the sevice drive onto the freeway, occurred to me more than once yesterday. The only thing that probably saved me? The thought of Phyllis crying for her mama. Honestly, that was it.

Maybe not everyone feels that way. I see people who seem so happy, who seem to have a well balanced life, who take just the right amount of time for themselves and for everyone else. I am not sure how to do all that. I am not sure how to let go of the things that cause me into the spiral. I feel like I've forgiven but I can't seem to forget and then I can't figure out how it's not something that I did (even though I know it's not really me).

There's only way one thing I know to do when things seem to be a mess.... Focus on Jesus. So that's what I did. Somehow He seems to make it all settle down.

Matthew 7:24 (msg)"These words I speak to you are not incidental additions to your life, homeowner improvements to your standard of living. They are foundational words, words to build a life on. If you work these words into your life, you are like a smart carpenter who built his house on solid rock. Rain poured down, the river flooded, a tornado hit—but nothing moved that house. It was fixed to the rock.

Comments

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Trish said…
Girl you need to take some ME time...time for whatever YOU want to do, whenever YOU want to do it...or do nothing at all!
We doers tend to spread ourselves too thin...creating our own whirlwinds! This is a tornado warning....find yourself a storm cellar somewhere put your feet up and cool it !!!
Lots of love...big hugs!