While I'm waiting



This is one of my favorite songs right now. I didn't even know it was from the movie FireProof, because I haven't seen the movie yet. I love this song because like most songs, God gave someone the words when my heart didn't have them.

There are many things in our lives we don't like to wait for. We think we know what we need or what we want. But really God has a much better plan for us. His way is the only way. I've learned that I must trust, that I must worship sometimes when to be perfectly honest, I just don't want to. But God is everything. He knows my heart.

And I'm waiting... and serving... and worshipping, and LOVING

Micah 7:7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me

While I'm waiting - John Waller

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Takeing every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

Comments

Lynette Jacobs said…
Another beautiful post...you are such an inspiration my friend.
Constance said…
Sometimes the waiting process is more painful than weathering the storm! When our daughter Jessica was our Prodigal Child she made many bad choices. She returned to our home in debt, pregnant and her car had been repossessed. It was one of the most difficult times of my parenting life! I remember telling the Lord that I felt like HE had forgotten about me. A couple of days later our Pastor shared from Psalms where David cries out that very same utterance!

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to take one more step when you don't feel like you have another step left in you. Sometimes, just being still in God and waiting for HIM to move is the hardest thing to do. I love that Jesus "gets" how we feel, even He cried out on the cross to our Heavenly father!
Connie