Letting Go

I've carried a lot of baggage around with me. Unnecessary hurt that I could but would not let go of. Things that each time I would think of them would cut like a small piece of glass.

And emotionally I would shout "THAT'S IT, NO MORE" however, I didn't really follow through, I'd walk back into the same difficult situation get hurt over and over.

And I'd continue to carry a suitcase that I would fill up with more and more "stuff".

And then, I decided to do the right thing. I turned directly to the Lord, dropped my suitcase off at His feet and said "it's Yours". And walked away.

It is finished.

It's a different feeling when you let go instead of throwing. Nothing really emotional about it, it's just relief. Almost like the elephant on your chest has been removed. Its easier breathing. It's peace.

And I just wonder... why didn't I do this long ago?

Matthew 11:28-29 28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
WEll amen to that! I have a fired who says that 95% of the pain in this world is caused by holding on...MAybe he's right.