Burdened by Love

Quite often I can't sleep. I'm burdened and I can't stop praying, in that time, quite often I fall asleep praying. I've said it before, if I've committed to praying for you or someone in your family, I'm praying, all the time.

Last night I was burdened by J, L, H, K, P, and a jerk. How's that, I was burdened by a jerk? That person masqueardes as a Christian man, but it seems like some days his heart and his actions say otherwise (just like me sometimes!) so I had to pray for him too. I could see their faces each one. My heart just hurt. I couldn't sleep. I got a text because the person wished I wasn't so burdened. But here's the crazy thing, I'd never sleep again if it meant that I was loving.

I do often sometimes go a little overboard because I love. Some people, like Sara, might say I'm a nag because when she needed to go to the doctor, I bugged her until she did. Not to be a jerk, but because I love her and I intended on her being here a long time for me, and for her family.

I probably take on the burden of hurt a little too much because I know what it's like to hurt. I've left Fuel and Alive and cried myself to sleep because "my kids" hurt. I've also left angry because there is no reason for it.

As much as it hurts, I wouldn't change a thing. Loving is the way I want to live!

Gal 6:2 Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ

Comments

Lynette Jacobs said…
Wow...powerful post!

Jesus said that we are to love others like we love ourselves. Love usually hurt...and we choose to do it.
Vikki said…
Margie, I absolutely LOVE this post and I so identify with it! I have been working thru this myself. A friend explained about being a 'Burden Bearor' and gave me a video to watch this weekend.

Sometimes I look around our small church (less than 50 people usually) and all I can see & feel is everyone's pain. how do all these wounded, hurting people wind up at our church? I just don't get it and it's heavy, it hurts my heart.

But Praise God he is bigger than all of that. He's bringing them for a reason and He is the Healer, not me. My only job is to pray for them. And pray that He will guide me in my interactions with them.

I've learned a lot about that from reading your blog too, you know. So keep posting - I appreciate it!!!
Trish said…
You are an Intercessor my dear friend...it is a gift...keep on praying!!!