Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Friday, June 05, 2009

Herb!


Did you ever meet someone and love them as soon as you met them? And I don't mean one of those "OH I love you" because someone did something nice for you kind of loves, I mean like your heart breaks and aches for them...

Herb.

I love Herb. Herb currently resides on Seneca Street as part of the Grace Centers of Hope After Care program.

I met Herb in July 2007. Herb's a big guy. I would also classify him as a 'macker'. And he's very charming, hence why he's a 'macker'. I love him.

Herb's smile is so big and bright that it could be a model for a lite bright!!

I carry a picture around of Herb in my bible. It's a picture of him and Lexi trying on silly hats at the GCH Rummage Sale at our Detroit Mission Trip.

Shortly after I met Herb, he left the mission. I was told that he hung out in Cass Corridor (which really isn't all that safe) and I went looking for him (I was STRONGLY advised to never EVER do that again - they asked "what would have you have done if you found him?" My answer "I don't know "- not my brightest moment!) I prayed nearly everyday (I hate to say everyday because it's possible I missed one day) for him. I would sit in church and pray he would walk in. I remember the day God answered that prayer, that I actually saw him walk into church. It is a day that God showed me, how powerful His love is for him, and that we matter to him. Herb had been back, he had been to church, but I saw him WALK INTO CHURCH!

Sometimes I don't know why I love Herb, I just do.

He knows I love him... but I don't think he really knows how much.

John 13:34 A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Isn't God's love awesome!!!

Jada's Gigi said...

A perfect example of God being a Father to the fatherless..a mother to the motherless...