Herb!


Did you ever meet someone and love them as soon as you met them? And I don't mean one of those "OH I love you" because someone did something nice for you kind of loves, I mean like your heart breaks and aches for them...

Herb.

I love Herb. Herb currently resides on Seneca Street as part of the Grace Centers of Hope After Care program.

I met Herb in July 2007. Herb's a big guy. I would also classify him as a 'macker'. And he's very charming, hence why he's a 'macker'. I love him.

Herb's smile is so big and bright that it could be a model for a lite bright!!

I carry a picture around of Herb in my bible. It's a picture of him and Lexi trying on silly hats at the GCH Rummage Sale at our Detroit Mission Trip.

Shortly after I met Herb, he left the mission. I was told that he hung out in Cass Corridor (which really isn't all that safe) and I went looking for him (I was STRONGLY advised to never EVER do that again - they asked "what would have you have done if you found him?" My answer "I don't know "- not my brightest moment!) I prayed nearly everyday (I hate to say everyday because it's possible I missed one day) for him. I would sit in church and pray he would walk in. I remember the day God answered that prayer, that I actually saw him walk into church. It is a day that God showed me, how powerful His love is for him, and that we matter to him. Herb had been back, he had been to church, but I saw him WALK INTO CHURCH!

Sometimes I don't know why I love Herb, I just do.

He knows I love him... but I don't think he really knows how much.

John 13:34 A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Comments

Trish said…
Isn't God's love awesome!!!
Jada's Gigi said…
A perfect example of God being a Father to the fatherless..a mother to the motherless...