I can stands what I can stands

Gal 5:16-25 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.


You'd never know it, but I hate to argue.


Now, don't get me wrong, I can throw down with the best of them. But if I have my choice, I'd choose to just let there be peace. And LET IT BEGIN WITH ME!! For crying out LOUD!

God has really been working on me and the fruit of the spirit. And keeping my fruit on my tree (as Lynnette says). Have you ever shaken an apple tree for the apples to fall? I can remember doing that as a kid. And as your shaking the tree you're kind of bent over face clenched because at any moment one of those apples could 'bonk!' you in the head.

And so in order to keep my fruit on my tree, it means that I must have the qualities that the 'fruit' is to assist others fruit on their tree, otherwise we all look like the trees in the Wizard of Oz (NO THANK YOU!!) And you certainly don't want to be cause of a 'fruit fight'.

And something I never noticed...

Paul writes "I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God"

Yikes. And I think about the 'eternal' kingdom, but don't you just want a little 'heaven on the way to heaven' (Pastor Clark GGF). You can't have that if you live like Paul warns us not to...

I want peace and 'a little heaven on the way to heaven'... I don't know about you.

Comments