Joy.. the lesson that just keeps learning!

Oh! I am amazed! It is truly amazing to me how God teaches me the lessons of "others" only to be reminded how much I need those lessons for myself.


I was talking with Liz quite awhile ago about Joy. I actually got us both a study. I started mine and have been working on it. SO good. We even broke the whole book down on Saturday. I couldn't believe the wisdom God had given me that day. Shew!

I am emotional. This child of God is easily moved, even though I really don't like to admit it. I often tell people that you can't be moved by your circumstances, and believe me, I am often moved off the X of that which God asks me to stand on.


I don't know where it came from, I think out of no where, this study on the Fruit of the Spirit was on the buffet in the dining room. I just picked it up to look through it, maybe as my next study. I started looking through it yesterday, Love, was first. Great study. And then today after a really long meeting, I picked it up, in Panera, and read about Joy. It said read Luke 24:33-43.


Luke 24:33-43 33They got up and returned at once to Jerusalem. There they found the Eleven and those with them, assembled together 34and saying, "It is true! The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon." 35Then the two told what had happened on the way, and how Jesus was recognized by them when he broke the bread.
Jesus Appears to the Disciples 36While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you."
37They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. 38He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."
40When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. 41And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, "Do you have anything here to eat?" 42They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43and he took it and ate it in their presence



I was like "HUH? Lord, You better speak up, 'cuz I ain't gettin' it"


So I looked at John 15 & 16 as the study said.


Did you ever read those chapters, I am sure you have, I'd recommend you give them another look, but anyway...


And that's where that whole Knock, Ask, Receive comes in. All of a sudden a light went on!


"it is not only when we have something do we celebrate" that's a quote that Katie had found, and let me tell you, I've been reminded of it quite often. And certainly when you would like Joy, you better remember that quote, it helps you to remember to not be moved.


Sometimes the things we 'have' are not things that we can see. Hebrews 11:1 says Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. And what a gift that is. Faith. But not only faith but Joy. The love of God in out hearts. God has given us something to celebrate, He gave us the gift of His Holy Spirt, the Wonderful Counselor (John 16:5-16), we certainly do have something, and that is something to celebrate! Joy! I think sometimes the Holy Spirit holds down my feet so I cannot be moved... lol...


I am so excited that I get to see God working in others, and I am excited that God is working in my heart.

I really don't know if all that made sense to anyone but me! LOL!

Comments

Trish said…
Joy...unspeakable and full of Glory!!!
Lynette Jacobs said…
You make sense!

Today I have to choose joy...it is not coming by itself...not a good day!