Parting is sweet sorrow

I have decided to get rid of a bunch of "stuff".

I normally donate it, but I decided to have a garage sale. I could use the extra cash for spending money in Austria. I look at all the "stuff" I have, CDs, precious moments, scrapbook stuff and I think WOW! how much money have I wasted on things I certainly didn't need?? Makes me kind of sad, just in CDs alone... I'm probably getting rid of close to 350 CDs (including Christian) and holding on to about 100. That's a lot of cake if you know what I'm saying. I want to redo the basement so it's more useful for us (like a giant area for sewing, painting, and scrapping), open it up quite a bit, getting rid of old furniture that we just don't use and even though it's old, hopefully someone can put it to good use.

I think everyday I just realize a little more how blessed I am! I think about how God has showered me with blessings, beginning at a cross that I just can't fully comprehend, completely undeserving, and greatful beyond words.

The things of this world do not matter, it is our heart, that has been changed by God that has the most worth in our lives.

I am THANKFUL! and GREATFUL! That God came down to save someone like me, changed by His love and grace, forever.

Proverbs 10:2 2 Ill-gotten treasures are of no value,
but righteousness delivers from death.

Comments

Pat said…
I too often think of the excess we have in our homes. I would venture to say that most of us have a garage sale just waiting to happen in our homes.
Great post!
Jada's Gigi said…
I sometime think of the words in scripture that say "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written" and I think..they are talking about the wonders done in the hearts of men and women...
nothing on earth is of value compared to this.
Trish said…
Ah yes...stuff. One man's junk is another man's treasure...have a successful garage sale...while getting rid of your stuff!
Enjoyed this post Miss Margie!