Share your blessings!

Have you ever tried to pass out blessings? As if to say that "I think you deserve something, and you don't"?

Like the grace I've received was deserved, and I stand in judgement of someone else. Oui! God is working on me and my heart.

I'm blessed. I have food on my table, and I hate to admit it, but I throw out WAY too much because I bought too much and we didn't get around to eating it (although I'm pretty good at freezing what I can freeze, saving it for another time).

I was a jerk yesterday. Plain and simple.

Deciding who I thought should get what, instead of just standing in the greatness of God, be blessed that I can share.

And don't even get me started on what I think of socialized medicine. Oh yikes.

And then today, it hit me, this scripture, I'm quite sure I've read it before but never actually SEEN it.

2 Tim 2:4-7 4No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs—he wants to please his commanding officer. 5Similarly, if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not receive the victor's crown unless he competes according to the rules. 6The hardworking farmer should be the first to receive a share of the crops. 7Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this.

Yes, I work hard and in many ways I am rewarded for such work. But let me just tell you, if it were not for God's grace, I'd have NOTHING. No things, and certainly, no life. The kind of life that matters, a life in Him.

So sometimes when you read a scripture, and you're a little offended because you know you're a jerk, just think, it's your flesh that is offended, because God is working in your spirit, to make you more like Him.

Phil 1:21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

1 John 4:4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

Comments

Lynette Jacobs said…
A lot of food for thought my friend...you always leave me to ponder on what you blogged about.

It just reminds me...all we can give are like dirty rags compared to the righteousness of our Lord and Saviour.

Thank you for being such a blessing.