Breathing Peace



If to distant lands I scatter
If I sail to farthest seas
Would you find and firm and gather 'til I only dwell in Thee?
If I flee from greenest pastures
Would you leave to look for me?
Forfeit glory to come after
'Til I only dwell in Thee

[INSTRUMENTAL]

If my heart has one ambition
If my soul one goal to seek
This my solitary vision 'til I only dwell in Thee
That I only dwell in Thee
'Til I only dwell in Thee

1 Chronicles 16:27 Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy in his dwelling place.

Today I was asked “do you think you make a difference?” And sometimes the answer is no. Sometimes we do things that we may never see the fruits of our labor. But we have to know that if we’re called, we should be obedient. That’s it. It’s not about us after all. What I do may never be seen. But I know I am a laborer for the Lord and the harvest is plenty.

Today some knucklehead tried to cut me off as I got on the freeway, but I saw him, so I just let him go, and “I was told “Why don’t you do something about that?” I wondered… so I said it “What should I do? Cut him off and then we’re both mad” so I I just let them go. Maybe the guy thought he was all that, but I just knew that’s what I should have done.

I think sometimes, all I want to do it rest in the arms of the Lord, to snuggle up, breathe easy, and smell sweetly His fragrance. That comes in so many different ways, I do know it’s much easier to do that if there is peace.

I heard the song “Hymn” today by Brooke Fraser, and I’ve heard it before, I love it, but I just thought I want my solitary vision to be to dwell in Thee. Don’t let me see anything else that would block that vision of You. And when people see me, let them see You.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Comments