It's all in your heart!

Today a good friend of mine, who happens to be my co-worker, let me listen to a televangelist. This particular televangelist is what I would call a 'floral' preacher, he tells you a lot about the flowers, but never mentions the soil (dirt/sin) or the rain (trials and turmoil) that you may need to get those beautiful flowers (blessings). He's a sunshine preacher. And let me just say that I am glad that people hear the "nice" scripture, it's better than nothing, and they often sees the beauty in God, but I need a little conviction. I need someone to say "get out of your own way", I need someone to convict me with scripture, but that's me. I need all of the Word, I need the fire to purify me, while I might not ask for trial, after it's done and I'm stretched I know I am that much closer to being like Him. And that means I'm loving Him more, and loving others more.

At the beginning of the "sermon" this said preacher said "some said 'life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it' " Ok, I know that 'someone' was a very well known preacher. And I'd bet that said televangelist knew who it was. Please, give credit where credit its due. It was Charles Swindoll. Even if you just 'heard' it... ever think to google it? I google everything, which I guess the newest thing is to 'bing' it. but I like google.

I looked up the scripture that was used in his message... he took it kind of out of context, not that I've never done that, but I don't expect that someone with the title of 'Pastor' should do that. I will tell you that the two pastors I hear preach the most, don't usually do that. They also give credit were credit it due.

Stay with me, I've got a point... Somewhere...

I listened to the whole message, I said "God speak to me" and He did. It's all about where your heart is. If you want to hear God, you will, even in crazy 'florally' televangelists. If you want to see Him, you will, in small graces and big sunsets. You'll find Him in church, in trials, in grocery stores. God is always with us, He promises that He will be with us until the end of time (Matthew 28:20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.")

There is a saying on one of those silly church signs, if you feel far from God, who moved? It isn't God. He is with us, always. Just listen.

Pslam 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Comments

Sara said…
that's why i ALWAYS tell you that you are a dork! i'm such a blessing.
Jada's Gigi said…
Good preaching sister!