Staying Focused

Psalm 22:5 They cried to you and were saved; in you they trusted and were not disappointed.

I feel so overwhelmed. About so many things, mostly about people who are supposed to love. Oh, i expect to get disappointed but when you look at the core of their character and think "eww", it's disappointing. Today I am overwhelmed with disappointment. I could literally list off 4 people that in the last month that have disappointed me beyond belief.

I guess sometimes I am overwhelmed by people's great character. Men like Adam and Drew, though not perfect, their character is just inspiring. Same with women like Sara , her character is also inspiring.

Yesterday, I was surprised by a statement that someone said and thought "wow!" immediatly followed by "eww". I keep trying that whole Phil 4:8 (Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.)thing, trying to focus on the good things that God has done in that, but it always comes back to seeing someone completely self-centered and someone who thinks that he's better than everyone else. I feel like in all the things I pray for, he is at the top of my list, sometimes its hard to pray, but I do.

I'm really trying to focus on Phil 4:8, chosing to see the good, to see the good that God has done. Trying not be emotionally driven, keeping my focus on what God has for me to do, no matter how it's all spinning around me. I realize that some of this is satan in my head pointing out to me the worst, but I am chosing to cover it with God's Best, His Son.

Romans 5:5 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

God Save us

Comments

Trish said…
You are doing the right thing Margie...keep your eyes on the Lord...He is the only one, that will NEVER disappoint us!
Constance said…
I have shared before that I REALLY struggle with a relationship within our family. Just yesterday this person sent me an e-mail blasting me, confirming once again that boundaries are a necessary thing!
Connie