This life is Yours for Your Glory... Always!

Sometimes it’s easy to say that and not so easy to live it out. To have your heart in the right place in order to really want to do that.

I read that book ‘crazy love’ it’s impact on my life is going to be huge I think. One thing I remember is that if you want to be more Christ-like you have to love the unloveable in your life. It’s easy to love those you love or even like, it’s hard to love those you don’t like so much. It's also easy to love when 'the timing is right' and it 'fits in your schedule' or you think 'I can do that, piece of cake'. It's not always easy when those things don't line up in 'our minds'. Ya’ hear me?

It’s been quite an interesting few days, God teaches me a lot when I’m trying to pick up the fruit that fell off my tree. And somehow, as I am picking it up, it gets bigger and better than it was before. And the things I am least qualified in, He makes me qualified. Love that about Him.

Gal 5:22-23 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Let me tell you, I never thought I’d last a week without Phyllis without balling my eyes out. Somehow God has made me love her more while she’s gone. To appreciate what a gem He’s given me, as if to say that it’s not good to keep a gem like her under glass but to show off My creation to the world, with My love, for My glory, let her shine, for Me! And shine away she does.

I served as a volunteer on Friday and Saturday at GCH Men on a Mission softball tournament. It was so awesome! Originally I thought I would just go and watch softball but they asked for my help, and who am I to say "no"? I'm so blessed by that place! So I did. And I met some amazing young (and not so young men) that also served with me. It was so great to be used by God, even in a small way to help others who are going to be used as vessels to advance His Kingdom!

I think about the girl that I mentor and how I never really thought I was qualified to do such a thing, I often laugh and think “I can’t believe they give me such a blessing”. I’ve learned some valuable lessons because of this friendship that has evolved from “mentor/mentee” to “friends”.

I think about just last night when I thought “God are You sure?” Am I really qualified to help this beautiful girl who needs You?” I just kept praying. Just give me the words God, give me whatever she needs to hear. And in front of me sat a beautiful young woman that was I was most likely to take the story of God in my life, and use it for His glory. WOW! When you’re least qualified, it’s when He makes you most qualified.



This life is Yours for Your Glory
So the world will know You are the One and Only God
The One and Only God

(I am not dead - Alive Band)

Romans 5:1-11 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a]have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we[b] rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but we[c] also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him! 10For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I really enjoy reading your posts. It seems that you get a lot out of your faith. I too get a lot out of your posts. I am not sure about religion but it seems to me that you are a good person and it helps you. Best Wishes - Seth.
Deb said…
....always shining for Him Margie...you're always shining for Him!
Constance said…
Uh oh, I think I feel the Holy Spirit tugging on my heart strings. I might just have to get that book.

I have a confrontation coming up with a family member that is extremely high maintainance. This person pushes all of my buttons with their insatiable need for attention and recognition. I have built boundaries and know I need to speak to this person. Once they know where I stand I believe my life will be more calm.

Some people I am convinced, you are supposed to love from afar! My best friend told me that,
"Maybe God placed them in your life so you can minister to them."

I told her that's valid but the flip side is comparing it to the former alcoholic being told to go witness at the local bar during happy hour. I can recognize toxic when I see it and maybe, just maybe, it's not my job to save the entire world!

I guess I had more to say on this than I thought!

Have an awesome, glory-filled day!
Connie