All for God

The last few weeks I've been making food for the alive leaders. I make food for Phyllis and I, so making a "little" more isn't that big of an issue. I love to do it.

Today I decided to make scalloped potatoes and was using my cuisinart (food processor) without the guard... and sliced off the tip of my finger! ouch!

This was about 3:40 or so... off to emergency, I normally don't go to emergency, but I was afraid I would go to urgent care and they would send me to emergency, and I needed to get to Alive!! So off I went... out of there by 5! Thank You Jesus!!

Then while texting someone decided to pick a fight with me, followed by a phone call... and it was THEIR issue... not mine, I was just trying to help! UGH! Followed by another call by someone else... who just their tone sent me into a crying spell. My finger hurt and my heart hurt... but Sundays are not about me, they are about Jesus and our students. So I stopped crying...

and then came prayer over me... immediatly followed by Jesus tears. I got myself together by focusing on the kids not me... then came worship...

Did you know that its impossible to clap if your finger tip has been sliced off? It hurts like heck! so I improvised and clapped against my arm! Where is Jeremy's tamborine when you need it?! I probably looked like a dork... but I was a dork for Jesus!

Then we sang "Same Power" and all the mess really came out... as if God just said to me "you have the same power as I gave my Son because I love you, you're not stupid or dumb, you're beautiful, and loving, just as my word says - do not be conformed". I've heard that song lots of times but never has God opened my eyes that way to it.

Same power that conquered the grave
lives in me,
lives in me.
Your love that rescued the earth
lives in me,
lives in me!

All of this today, Mr. M's wonder emporium (your life is an occasion rise to it), the finger, the picking at me, me being a "10 cow woman" (i gotta find that story), the prayer focus tonight, the way we get broken down only to get/come closer to Him, to love Him more, the way God moved in the hearts of our kids tonight, in our leaders. His Power is all around, He's changing lives. His love is surrounding us, ALL FOR HIS GLORY!

Oh, I'm loved!

Matthew 11:29-30
29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."


lives in me

Comments

Constance said…
We JUST sang that at church yesterday! The interesting thing is I told Laura (our Prodigal daughter) that as a Believer she has the same power that raised Christ from the dead, living inside of her. Her marriage and their issues have that same power available to them, to overcome. Right now, it has fallen on deaf ears but I needed that reminder as well! Have a blessed week, poor fingertip and all!
Connie