“Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. Today, if you hear his voice,”- Psalm 95:6-7



Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Redemptions hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross

You were as I
Tempted and trialed
You are
Te word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you're risen

To your heart
To your heart
Lead me to your heart
Lead me to your heart

It's been a long weekend. Not in the way that you think. I didn't get any extra days off, and I don't think I could have taken one more day off what was stirring in my soul.

In the last week, I have found out that two people died. I didn't know them, but I knew their friends. And I've been grieving since I heard about the first one. How is it that you don't know someone, and you can grieve their loss?

One person I "know of" because of the family that I have in Pontiac.

The other person is a student at my daughter's school. A beautiful young girl, gone in the instant because of a tragic car accident.

There are a lot of things stirring in me, and I'm thankful for a God is who is big enough to handle the fact that even though I praise Him even when I don't like what's happening, He is indeed good all the time. He is surrounding those families, the beautiful children, He's soothing their spirits. I'm reminded that it is not always when we have something that we celebrate.

My prayer: that I am at the feet of Jesus, laying down my life and all my selfishness, in order to make a difference in the lives of so many who need Him so desperatly. That I step outside of me, and my needs, and love more. That I seek Him, listen more, love deeper, and am changed forever by His love and grace.

2 Cor 5:20-21 20We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Comments