"Detroit should just be bull-dozed and start over"

That was what I heard this morning after telling someone that I went on a mission trip to Detroit. Ugh.

Sometimes I just don't know what to say, so I said "a journey starts with a single step".

And then... in confirmation... in our service, Metro at the Movies, Schindler's list, there was a part that said in Hebrew "Whoever saves one life, saves the world entire". Thank You Jesus.

You see, I don't think I'll ever be called to overseas missions. And trust me, that's perfectly ok with me. On the Mission Trip, I didn't pick up a single paint brush, except to purchase it. I didn't serve at a soup kitchen or a mission. I did other things, that really aren't all that important to list out. But this I know, I know that I changed the life/lives of others, in a positive way. Hot dogs, brownies, sandwiches, mac & cheese, Kool-Aid, whatever it was, I hope that I made a difference to one.

I mentor a beautiful woman. I wish I could mentor 10 of them, but I don't have time. And i don't feel called for that to be my ministry, but I feel strongly about the one that I have, and I love her. And think... it's only one. But she has 3 beautiful children, they have friends, and she has friends, and they have friends, and if we love one, our love goes on and on.

In the service today, Jeremy said "I don't have the answers on how we can make a difference, what we can do". After thinking about it for one second, the answer is very simple, almost too simple. And it's easy and difficult at the same time.

Just love.

Leave the rest to God. He can handle it.

Today... how will you love?

Comments