Get behind me!

I wish I wasn't so moved by my circumstances. Good and Bad.

I'll tell you, I've been in quite a mood for the last three days. My phone, my door, I'm overwhelmed at work, a financial issue I'm trying to get through (which thankfully is almost over). And to be honest, if my stupid cell phone just worked, I'd feel better. The whole thing irritates me. And thankfully the ice machine at work is broken so I can't make endless glasses of iced tea, because then I'd be irritated and hopped up on caffeine, bad combination.

I'd like to tell you that I am more like Paul who gets the big picture, who says that compared to Christ, everything else is nothing (Phil 3:8). But I'm not.

I'm trying so hard to change my eating habits, which really isn't all that easy, I've struggled with my weight nearly all my life. I've heard it said "I don't know why you bother, you'll always be fat" to "you can do it". I've decided small changes, a plate with more lettuce and tomatoes instead of more mashed potatoes. Salad with everything (please don't give me the warning about dressings and stuff on my salad, I KNOW!!), walking instead of watching TV or driving.

Today, my plan was to have oatmeal with crunchy peanut butter and a banana for breakfast. Certainly not my first choice as far as breakfast is concerned (I know eat to live not live to eat) but it's good for me, fills me up, and it's a good choice. After the cell phone being dead and reading an email, I'll tell you... all I wanted was McDonald's #2 (Sausage McMuffin w/egg, hash browns and a LARGE unsweetened tea with lemon, thank you very much). You know what I did? Ate the oatmeal. Yes! A small victory, but a victory none the less.

I'm tired, I don't know if it's satan or it just happens to be a bunch of stuff all happening at the same time, whatever it is, I'm ready for it to stop! and stop now I tell you!

I'm trying to stay positive, yes, I know i have way more blessings than burdens... I know! I just want my cell phone and my car fixed!

***Update... my car part is ordered from ebay... $14.00 now I've just got to get it put in! THANK YOU JESUS!
And... I got a cell phone to use (free of charge!) so now I am back in the land of the living!
And... I'm down to 38 emails in my mailbox at work, which is like a miracle! it's never THAT low!

Comments

Trish said…
You go girl...Stomp!