He who began...

It is crazy to look back and see where my heart has been & to see where it is now.

Icris said that just because you're saved doesn't mean that you're perfect. And that now, sin is just not ok with us. That we want to remove it out of our lives.

I think that we start sometimes with the easy things, you can pick your own easy things... I know what mine were. And then as God works in us, the issues He tackles in us are a little more difficult.

I'm not where I'd like to be in regards to the size of my butt... arms... stomach... legs... and even my feet!

Have I been thin before? Yes! I worked out like a mad woman before! Ate like a bird, and lived like HELL! OK, I said it. And if I'm honest, part of me is afraid to go back there. I will not give you all the gory details of all that... but it was awful. I know the state my heart was in.

I'm addicted.

I'm in need of breaking free! I'm addicted to eating! When I have a bad day or crappy things happen, it's food I turn to, though I'd love to be able to tell you it's God, but sometimes it's ice cream.

It's not about the ice cream. It's about the hold that it has on my life. I can have ice cream. I had it yesterday (but I walked after it). Eating is a symptom, not the disease.

On my walk, I had a great talk with God. I heard His voice.

I can lose the weight, I've lost it before. But I want my outside to match my inside. I want to be rid of the "fat" of my life. I want to have a heart that turns to Him, not food. I want to be healthy for my family. I want to grow old with someone, to live a long life with my friends.

This past week was a good week! I made good choices, I hooked up with God. I loved.

I'm so thankful that God never stops working in me... ever.

Phil 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus

Comments