shining the light

I cleaned my basement, the good side. It's been in 'mess mode' for MONTHS! Garage Sale, Mission Trip, no tables... I honestly can't remember the last time I washed the floor in a really good cleaning! Thanks to the Gibson's (the best plumbing company ever!) my basement doesn't flood anymore (THANK THE LORD!!)

We've got so much 'crafty' stuff down there, painting eisels, sewing machines, fabric, scrapbooking, not to mention a couch, two TVs down there... yikes... So today was the day, I started last night with the smallest section, got that organized and then onto the hard part! It's all organized and I can start scrapbooking again. I know it's nerdy, but I like it, I love that I can be creative in my own time, reliving memories that maybe no one will get but me.

I've got a lot going on in my insides. Somedays it feels like I've eaten bad chicken washed down by spoiled milk.

And sometimes I just want to give up. Sometimes I feel so dependable that people forget I'm here.

I was reading today in 2 Cor 4 where it says we're hard pressed but not destroyed, that our power is from God. So much lately I feel like everyone has an opinion on how things should be in my life, and sometimes I'm just like "LET ME BE!!" When I'm listening to small whispers and they've got their mics on full blast... I feel like saying "WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP!!" Yes, I'll admit that most days I have no idea what I'm doing. On those days, I take my direction from God, whether it be to make a phone call, send a text, makea cake, write a note, or just stay still. I know that in all things, my first thing to do is love, above all else. Let God's love shine through me like a beacon, that when someone is at the end of their rope, when the light that they see looks like a train, that it's God love shining through me.

God has shown me so many things in the last couple days, things I've prayed for years are being answered. Silly things I've done, that I never give up, and smile big, they matter. Because to Him, I matter.

2 Cor 4:16-18 16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Comments